Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Interior Update






A lot of work this week in getting the GI just right. That, and finished up all textures and models. So from here on out its just tweaking lighting and post.

As you can see, several progress pictures. I enabled the map viz so I can try and get a better dispersion of photons. I'm not any good at blogs but these didn't upload in the correct order. Either way this is a slow progression. As you can see, I added a red cube in my scene to see how well the energy in my photons is being retained after a bounce.

I did find that it was my area lights causing my renders to become grainy. Im not entirely sure why that is, as I cranked up both my shadows and light samples (MR Area Light) to very very high numbers with no improvement. As such, I think I will be removing them, or just turn them into supplemental Maya area lights with no Portal light shader attached to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment